Tech Start Ups – Marrying Correct Technology Partner
Most business ideas today are involved in Internet or computer technology one way or another. It may not be the business or the service itself, but still technology and Internet plays an important part for core operations management in each department of business management. This is one reason for which we see businesses evolved and succeed around cutting edge technologies these days.
This makes it very important for any new entrepreneur to have a good technology partner similar to finding and marrying a right life partner. When you have a technology expert in your team, they are very effective in assisting you at any point of time, plus can save your effort when it comes to the technology aspect of your business.
With the startups running lean and thin on finances initially, it is not advised to bear the heavy expense and burden in having a technology partner on board. One of the best ways that you can mitigate this risk is to have the correct tech partner through a reliable outsourcing vendor. This brings a ready available team of experts for your disposal suggesting and guiding you through technology challenges in business.
Such technology partners come with many advantages over having a single person or having your own team of technology specialists in house. Some of these advantages you must check before choosing right partner are,
- Having the right mix of technology skills to support your business idea and technology needs in long run
- Acceptable service level expectations in contracts
- Accreditation and certifications required to achieve technology vision
- Past experience with similar kind of technology deliveries
- Required expertise and skill set in key people to communicate at vendor’s side
- Right price mix to support the long term association
- Capacities to ramp up or down the size of team to reduce go to market time cycles.
- Possibility of speaking to someone in your own time zone for critical situations
- Ability to reach escalation matrix when needed with minimal support time
- Ability to mitigate the risk by providing necessary insurance and legal requirements for your company.
While planning a new software product, it becomes even more important outsourcing and having right technology partner. The most important aspect for a technology startup is to work in a lean manner and create the product in incremental manner, which needs that it is released in parts earliest to market and tweaked according to feedback. Right technology outsourcing vendor can help by providing skills and team to reduce these timelines and take the product to market soonest and in efficient manner.
With all these advantages of using a technology partner, biggest disadvantage is time and effort required to find a vendor that suits your needs and is the right fit for you. As a new business startup, an entrepreneur now must make finding a right technology partner as one of the key strategic decisions on their must-have list.
Author is CEO & Managing Director at OTS Solutions specializing in mentoring technology startups in guiding and helping them form successful technology products. Feel free to contact OTS Solutions if you are looking for an efficient and right technology partner for your startup using +1 818 937 4164 OR email@example.com